HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND TO EVERYONE!!! Sorry for not posting any new material the past 2 days. I’d like to be able to tell you that I’ve just been oh-so busy, but the truth is I’ve just been slacking off and feeling extremely lazy with this oppressive heat. Perhaps some great feedback from all of you in this week’s “Gimme 5!” segment will re-energize me!!! Anyway, I was going to go with a patriotic theme to commemorate the holiday weekend, but went in a completely different direction instead.
I will admit that the horror movie genre isn’t one of my favorites (perhaps because there has been such a dearth of quality horror movies in recent years), but I certainly do enjoy a good scary flick. So for this week’s “Gimme 5” I am asking you to Gimme 5 Movies That Scared the Shit Out of You! I am looking forward to all of your responses because chances are I haven’t seen many of them & will put it straight into my rental queue.
So — What are 5 Movies That Scared The Crap Out of You?
I will start:
1. The Shining (those twins still freak me out!)
2. The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (the 1st movie to give me nightmares as a kid)
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974 — the graininess of it just makes it scarier)
4. The Mist (phenomenal flick with a superb ending – also scary as hell)
5. Jaws (always thought the great white was in my backyard pool)
Now, it’s YOUR Turn!!! Let me hear it movie-lovers!!!